Sunday 25 May 2008

A Tap On The Twenty - as read on BBC Radio Manchester.


So as you know by the post below, I created a team consisting of players surnames that could be forenames. Well I created the team (with the use of technology limited to about three or four players only) and emailed it, using Hotmail to Radio Manchester just after the Wakefield-Wigan game kicked off the second half. My name was then read out, live on air, with a few names from the list mentioned (including Wally Lewis) and nothing more was made of it. By half past five I decided to post the team on this blog and this blog only. I did not send a link to the studio, nor did I email them my blog address as part of my signature. In fact I didn't send them anything else afterwards. It remains as the last method of communication I had with them. So how was it that Jack Deardon read out the previous post word for word live on 95.1FM, DAB Digital and around the world?

Well one can only assume this blog was made aware to the kind guys and gals on Oxford Street by someone on RLFans or Facebook (which this blog is also listed on) during the half hour between posting it on here, and before the end of the show. The link advertising the blog stands out in my RLFans sig and it keeps changing as I update the blog, like an advertisement. So when this person clicked on the link, read it and saw the first post they must have sent it to Manchester, who in turn gave me second raps live on air. I mean my name is written all over the damn blog anyway so thats how they knew it was me.

Either that, or I am developing memory loss and think really big of myself.

Note: Incidentally, he didn't actually mention the name of the blog, or note that fact he was reading it online. But all the signs point to what is mentioned above.

No comments: