Wednesday 6 February 2008

New era in English Rugby League gets off to a bad start.

Are the RFL kidding me?

After twelve months in the processing, supporter and player feedback on the final design as well as an online questionaire which I took part in some time ago, this is the final published logo for a new era of Rugby League in the UK?

I can understand the need for the St George cross, even the date 1895 in the middle of it. I can even understand the need for a 3D look, so it doesn't look like it was made on MS Paint. But why on earth is the top of it in blue?

Its an horrendous colour clash that makes the whole design look ameturish and lacks thought into the design. I'm actually convinced a group of school kids can produce something better. I don't suppose there will be blue and red patterns on the actual kit will there, because that will (using my own mental imagary) look awful.

I'm sorry but the RFL have come up with a shcoker there. Here is a chance to re-brand our natioanl team and the first step goes (for the use of a better phrase) tits up.

So the next step in the development plans are to make the kit as unfashonable as possible, the merchandising to be from the 1970's and team failing to reach the semi finals of the World Cup. Welcome to Red Hall, Leeds.

No comments: